This nourishing vegan buddha bowl is easy to prepare, nutritious, delicious, and requires very minimal effort!
Nourishing Vegan Buddha Bowl
Thank you to Barbara Kleinschmidt
Tags: Brunch, Buddha Bowl, Dinner, Mild Chili, Original, Sesame Ginger, Smoky Chipotle
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- Extra firm tofu, cubed
- ½ cup pesto
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 avocado sliced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 cups black kale finely chopped
- Two large carrots, grated
- 1 cup Finely chopped purple cabbage
- 1 large leaf purple cabbage
- Yeshi Mild Chili Dressing
Rice, and quinoa:
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions. (Cook quinoa in vegetable broth for added flavour)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C (400 degrees F).
- Place the tofu in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the tofu in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and bake until crispy, about 20 minutes.
- When tofu is ready, coat evenly with pesto and parsley.
- Sauté cabbage, carrot, and kale until tender. season with salt and pepper.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- Slice avocado.
- Using a purple cabbage leaf bowl. Fill half the bowl with the rice, and quiona. Top with the cabbage, carrot, kale, tofu, tomatoes, and avocado slices.
- Dress the bowl with Yeshi Mild Chili dressing, and enjoy!