This Mexican salad is perfect for the on the go family and loaded with nutritious ingredients.
Smoky Chipotle Mexican Mason Jar Salad
Tags: Dinner, Lunch, Recipes on the Go!, Salad, Smoky Chipotle
- ½ cup of Smoky Chipotle Yeshi
- 1 cup tri colored quinoa
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 cup whole kernel corn rinsed and drained
- 1 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup of red pepper
- 1 cup of green pepper
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large avocado cut into ½- inch cubes
- 4 cups mixed green greens
- 20 corn tortilla chips crushed
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Combine 1 cup of quinoa, rinsed and 2 cups chicken broth in a medium pot. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let it sit, covered for 10 more minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.
- Assemble Mason Jar salads in order: Add 3 tbsp of Yeshi, 1/4 cup of quinoa, 1/4 cup chickpeas, 1/4 cup corn, 1/4 cup black beans, 1/4 cup tomato , 1/4 cup red pepper, 1/4 cup of green pepper and 1 cup of mixed greens.
- The morning before serving , add 1/4 of avocado, 2 tbsp of cheese (to avoid the cheese getting moisture) and crushed corn tortilla chips.
- NOTE : Salads will last 3-4 days in the refrigerator.