Craving some squash this fall? We’ve got just the right recipes to warm up your soul and satisfy your tummy! Roasted Butternut Squash is a cozy weather dream.
Roasted Butternut Squash with Plums and Pistachios
Thank you to Lana Stanko
Tags: Dinner, Mild Chili, Original
- 1 large butternut squash halved
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups finely Green Leaf Lettuce
- 1 cup finely chopped red cabbage
- 1 large grated carrot
- 4 prune plums
- 1 cup chickpeas
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- ¼ cup pistachios
- Yeshi Smoky Chipotle Dressing
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C (400 degrees F) and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut squash in half, lengthwise.season with salt and pepper and drizzle with oil. Place on baking sheet, cut side down.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 45 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked.
- In a fry pan Sauté, carrot, and red cabbage until tender. season with salt.
- Season chickpeas with salt, pepper and chili flakes. Lightly coat with oil and roast in the oven at 400 degrees for 7-10minutes.
- Place pitted plums that have been cut in half lengthwise in the oven, bake for 2-3 minutes.
- Take cooked squash, top with cooked cabbage and carrot, roasted chickpeas, cooked plums, and crumbled feta cheese, lettuce, top with the pistachios.
- Drizzle desired amount of Yeshi Smoky Chipotle dressing, and enjoy!