This colorful spring roll recipe is perfect for any gathering!
Fresh Spring Rolls with Yeshi
Thank you to Barbra Kleinschmidt
Tags: Caesar, Dinner, Lunch, Mild Chili, Original, Salad, Sesame Ginger, Smoky Chipotle
- 1 cup of Yeshi (original, smoky chipotle, ginger sesame, mild chili or ceaser)
- 1 1/2 cups Cabbage, purple
- 1 1/2 cups Carrots
- 2 English cucumber
- 1 head of green or red lettuce
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper
- 15 rice wrappers
- Parsley & pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Prep all your veggie’s, slicing length wise and thin.
- Fill a large bowl with luke warm water (large enough to dip your rice wrappers). Place behind your rolling area.
- I prefer to use a salad rolling tray. If you do not have one, use a thin kitchen towel and place it on the counter, rolling the spring rolls on it.
- Roll each spring roll out one at a time.
- Dip the wrapper in the water making sure it’s fully coated in water. Place it on the towel and wait 5-10 seconds for the wrapper to be soft.
- Place 1 leaf of lettuce down first in the middle of the wrapper, leaving 2-3 inches of space on each side.
- Top with the shredded veggies. Trim the wrapper up, tucking in the sides as you go. Place seam side down on a wet cutting board, cover with a damp cloth.
- Line a serving tray with a layer of lettuce (this will prevent them from sticking to the tray). Cut the wraps in half, leave room for the bowl of sauce.
- Garnish the sauce with a few parsley leaves and pomegranate seeds. See photo above.